About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in Tallinn and Helsinki’s coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
Being a part of Bob’s team means being hospitable not only to our guests but also to our colleagues, service partners, neighbours, and the planet (which is why we’ve become the first international climate-neutral hospitality provider). We’re open to new ideas, are honest about our shortcomings, and take full ownership of our actions, good and bad. We grow by supporting each other, and overgrown egos and corporate politics have no place here.
So, are you ready to join the cult of Bob?
Our Real Estate team will drive supply growth by identifying top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities, negotiating leases, managing deal closings, overseeing development projects, planning and executing the design and ramp-up of new properties.
As a Development Construction Manager, you will be serving as a company representative and overseeing work sites for both new constructions and remodel projects, coordinating site activities and assuring that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the project goals and objectives. You will be overseeing and providing direction to general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors ensuring quality standards are strictly met, the brand is communicated and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
In this role you will:
- Oversee, plan, manage and track the progress of our upcoming projects.
- Create estimates and budgets for construction, FFE and OSE.
- Utilise CPM and Fast-Track scheduling.
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with clients, service partners, subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team.
- Attend coordination and progress meetings to keep all stakeholders aware of the progress of projects; make regular trips to sites during construction including existing conditions inspections, pre-construction walks, in-progress site visits, punch/snag walks, and construction closeout.
- Draft scopes of work, appointment letters and appoint consultants to carry out the scope of work.
- Proactively identify, prevent, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues.
- Take part in RFP/RFQ and bid evaluations for hotel FFE, OSE and construction.
- Conduct and document quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the construction process, assuring the working environment is maintained at acceptable levels, and tools and equipment are in good working condition.
- Maintain and update SOW and pre-construction documents, and monitor contract obligations with a goal of building relationships with reliable contractors and vendors.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions.
- Take ownership of building commissioning to include installation of FFE/OSE and coordinating building occupancy with relevant authorities.
Our 5-star candidate:
- Has 3+ years of experience in the management of new construction and remodelling projects in hotel, multi-family or high-rise construction.
- Has Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience.
- Has in-depth understanding of design, budgets, scheduling and project management principles.
- Has knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts.
- Has excellent knowledge of relevant regulations, rules and quality standards (e.g. building, fire, job site safety and life safety construction codes).
- Has the ability to provide construction leadership and take ownership of high-quality construction activities.
- Has experience in reviewing leases, carrying out due diligence and supporting the Real Estate team in signing leases.
- Is highly organised, with excellent time management and multitasking ability with a constant eye on quality.
- Has top-notch oral and written communication skills in English. Fluent or solid working knowledge of Spanish is highly beneficial, other EU languages are a plus.
- Has building commissioning experience.
- Has the ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy and personal initiative.
- Is authorised to work in the EU or UK.
Nice to have:
Has exposure across the European market.
- Is Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and holds a current safety card or certification (e.g. 30 hour OSHA).
- Has working knowledge of green building practices and/or LEED-AP.
- Construction and design management MIS experience.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Smart and highly motivated colleagues.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
- Free nights at any Bob W location and plenty of opportunities to travel, mixing business with pleasure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.