About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality. Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our eco-friendly apartments in Tallinn and Helsinki’s coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale. So, are you ready to join the cult of Bob?
Our Real Estate team will drive supply growth by identifying top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities, negotiate leases, manage deal closings, oversee development projects, plan and execute the design and ramp-up of new properties, and asset manage the existing properties in our portfolio.
This is an exciting opportunity for a lawyer who is looking to move in-house from a private practice or someone who is looking for a working environment in which to combine legal and management skills. The role offers good long-term progression and will suit someone who would like a varied role.
More specifically, in this critical role you will:
- Structure and draft commercial real estate agreements, negotiate deals and advise on legal and regulatory matters relating to the transactions
- Lead the complete legal life cycle of transactions while working closely with the Real Estate team
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve on legal processes and templates.
- Become fluent in public policy, short-term rental regulations and building code in Bob W’s key jurisdictions
- Manage and instruct external legal counsel in key jurisdictions
- Manage and comply with the legal and operations budget
- Develop and maintain compliance and legal policies
- Provide legal advice in a variety of legal areas, including capital raising, corporate law, commercial contracts, regulatory and compliance matters
- Identify key hospitality and real estate trends and facilitate knowledge sharing across the organisation
What we look for:
- Law Degree and 5 - 10 years of post-qualification experience, with solid and rounded experience in private practice and ideally with some in-house experience
- Experience in commercial real estate, M&A transactions, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Extensive experience acting for landlords and/or tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases
- Ability to manage and obtain value from outside counsel
- Excellent communication/negotiation, organisational and inter-personal skills;
- Agility and desire to work in a fast moving environment
- Experience in management of multiple stakeholders (i.e. suppliers, partners and clients), prioritising requirements to ensure the best outcome for both the partner and Bob W
- Ability to manage day-to-day operational issues, and agile problem solving skills
- You have a self-starter mentality and results-driven team player attitude
- Your analytical skills and attention to detail are excellent
- Your oral and written communication skills are top-notch
What we offer:
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Smart and highly motivated colleagues
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment
- Plenty of opportunities to travel, mixing business with pleasure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.