About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in Tallinn and Helsinki’s coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
Being a part of Bob’s team means being hospitable not only to our guests but also to our colleagues, service partners, neighbours, and the planet (which is why we’ve become the first international climate-neutral hospitality provider). We’re open to new ideas, are honest about our shortcomings, and take full ownership of our actions, good and bad. We grow by supporting each other, and overgrown egos and corporate politics have no place here.
So, are you ready to join the cult of Bob?
Our newly established Operations team in Madrid will drive best-in-class operations and sales developments by initiating and implementing new processes and creating a large network of partners and customers. The Operations team is building the soul of this business, and we need extraordinary people to run our business locally.
As an Operations Specialist, you will take responsibility for launching and executing our operations locally. Being the face of Bob W, you live and breathe Bob W’s mission and vision when assisting our guests. You will closely collaborate with the Country Manager and our international Operations, Growth and Product teams to drive the successful business of Bob W.
In this role you will:
- Perform housekeeping quality audits and inventory checks in our properties to ensure that hospitality standards are met consistently and feedback to our partners is relayed in a timely fashion.
- Assist with inventory duties such as preparing turnover kits, receiving deliveries, and tracking linen/consumables use.
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance and technology issues (e.g. upholstery stain removal, light bulb replacements, access to units, WiFi connectivity or overseeing contractor appointments).
- Assist our guests, always going beyond and above to exceed their expectations and make each stay memorable. This includes the flexibility to work on-call night shifts to offer 24/7 support.
- Provide daily feedback to all teams on improvement opportunities both in guest and employee experience.
- Assist in continuous improvement and design of standard operating procedures to increase team efficiency.
- Analyse trends to optimise operations and proactively address potential guest issues.
- Prioritize, delegate, execute, and support day-to-day tasking to ensure world-class guest experience and team accountability.
- Manage reservations and payments in our property management system.
Our 5-star candidate:
- Has at least 1 year of experience working in hospitality, housekeeping management, guest service, general operations or similar fields.
- Is a native Spanish speaker with excellent English skills.
- Is extremely optimistic and passionate about offering our guests a 5-star experience.
- Has high standards of housekeeping and consistently takes ownership of guest satisfaction.
- Is a self-starter, who enjoys tackling problems and tasks in an organized manner.
- Has perfect analytical skills and a data-driven approach.
- Is a strong team player.
- Is passionate about self-development and eager to grow professionally.
- Has the ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Is tech-savvy and ready to acquire new information/software skills quickly. As a bonus, you have experience working with mobile apps, project management and Excel-like tools.
- Experience in product launches, the startup environment or running a business is beneficial.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
- Free nights at any Bob W location and plenty of opportunities to travel, mixing business with pleasure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.