About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in Tallinn, Helsinki, London and Madrid's coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
So, are you ready to join the journey?
Have you ever wanted to build a scalable infra from scratch and join a company as the first DevOps Engineer?
Join our small but quickly growing Engineering team, which deploys several services multiple times a day to Kubernetes GCP infrastructure, and let’s scale up together!
In this role you will:
- Take full ownership of our infrastructure in GCP (we currently run 3 clusters, but this is going to scale up).
- Ensure the stability and scalability Kubernetes resources for production and other environments.
- Be responsible for backup and restore policies and workflows.
- Find ways to automate as much as possible.
- Keep documentation up to date.
- Implement infrastructure monitoring, logging and alerting systems (we use Datadog, but we're open to your ideas).
Our 5-star candidate:
- Has 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Is ready to join a tech startup team as the first DevOps Engineer.
- Is experienced with GCP.
- Has good knowledge about Terraform or any other infrastructure automation tool.
- Has production experience with Kubernetes.
- Is willing to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Loves efficiency, automation and documentation.
- Has excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Stays calm and doesn't panic when production is down.
- Has broad outlook on IT and the world around.
- Has a proven track record of taking ownership and leading initiatives.
- Ideally has an entrepreneurial mindset and has worked for startups before.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Stock option plan.
- Voluntary health insurance.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
- Free nights at any Bob W location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.