About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in Tallinn, Helsinki, London and Madrid’s coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
Our Real Estate team will drive supply growth by identifying top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities, negotiating leases, managing deal closings, overseeing development projects, planning and executing the design and ramp-up of new properties, and asset managing the existing properties in our portfolio.
As an (Associate) Director Real Estate, you will drive supply growth by working with our international Real Estate team (including Real Estate Directors, Construction Project Managers, Interior Architects and Analysts) to identify lease opportunities for Bob W, negotiate leases and manage deal closings.
In this role you will:
- Spearhead Bob W’s organic, mergers and acquisitions expansion efforts across DACH regions.
- Sell Bob W to property developers, investors and owners with the goal of signing and launching hundreds of units in DACH.
- You’ll introduce, negotiate and present to IC transitions of varying size, generally >20-200 Keys per building.
- You will be able to personally negotiate multiple transactions at the same time.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative market and investment analysis initiatives together with the Real Estate team.
- Prospect, qualify, underwrite, pitch, and close new real estate opportunities.
- Source and execute M&A transactions.
- Build relationships with many of the largest real estate developers, investors and owners across the DACH region.
- Manage existing relationships with developers, investors and owners including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and lease compliance.
- Develop and maintain a network of local agents and brokers to drive the supply pipeline.
- Become fluent in public policy, short-term rental regulations and building codes in DACH countries.
- Become an expert at pipeline management.
- Identify key hospitality and real estate trends and facilitate knowledge sharing across the organisation.
- Travel extensively in the DACH region.
What we look for:
- Passionate German and English speaking Real Estate Hospitality expert with a proven DACH track record.
- 5+ years of work experience with a range of real estate asset classes, which must include Hospitality.
- Background in Investment Banking or Private Equity is a strong plus.
- You’re an accomplished salesperson and self-driven closer. You’ve mastered the art of presenting a value proposition.
- You will have transacted masterleases and management agreements previously
- You’re knowledgeable in all aspects of real estate development from equity structures over debt financing considerations to construction, lease-up and exit.
- You have the ability to analyse real estate from a strategic point of view.
- You’ve built a powerful real estate network and can find your way to any developer and investor in DACH countries.
- You live and breathe real estate and are ultra-passionate and knowledgeable about the real estate market in DACH countries
- You have a self-starter mentality and a results-driven attitude.
- Your analytical skills and attention to detail are excellent.
- Your oral and written communication skills are top-notch.You will be familiar with using software packages such as PipeDrive, Asana, Slack, MS packages.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a well-funded, young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
- Free nights at any Bob W location and plenty of opportunities to travel, mixing business with pleasure.
- Unlimited holidays.
- A highly competitive compensation package including stock options.
- Flexible DACH location including Austria and Switzerland
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.