About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short-stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in Tallinn, Helsinki, London, Milan, Oslo, Tartu, Florence, Athens, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Madrid's coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
So, are you ready to join the journey?
About the role
As an IT Operations Specialist, you will bring innovation and efficiency to our fast-growing team. IT Operations Specialists will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless functioning of an organization's Offices IT infrastructure and technology systems. This position combines technical expertise with strong problem-solving skills to monitor, maintain, and optimize IT operations. You will be managing hardware and software assets, monitoring network performance, troubleshooting technical issues, and implementing security protocols. IT Operations Specialist will collaborate closely with People Operations, Finance and other teams across the organization. Your passion for automation and improving efficiency will drive your success in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Help your colleagues in at all of Bob W's locations with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of personal laptops (90%+ Macs), mobile phones and peripherals.
- Be responsible for hardware lifecycle (including inventory management and audit) and procurement.
- Manage software licences and accesses.
- Take responsibility for other company’s devices (printers, TVs, video conferencing systems, meeting room booking systems, etc).
- Ensure office networks are safe and WiFi is reliable and fast.
- Advise product team regarding IoT hardware (e.g. sensors, smart locks) and networking in our new buildings.
- Educate colleagues about technology & tools and security in Bob W.
- Collaborate across teams, especially with Finance and People Operations.
- Automate your work and document processes.
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues across Europe in multiple locations.
Our 5-star candidate:
- Is ready to join a tech startup team as the internal IT Operations Specialist.
- Has 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Is process-oriented and organised.
- Is known for the inner drive to make his colleagues happy by providing them with a 5-star experience.
- Has great communication skills.
- Has experience with negotiating with suppliers.
- Has a proven track record of taking ownership and leading initiatives.
- Is a good “team player”, proactive and open to innovation.
- Possesses problem-solving skills both individually and through cross-functional teams.
- The ability to write and support documentation.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in startup environments.
- Experience with administration of Apple devices.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Stock option plan.
- Voluntary health insurance.
- Sports compensation with Stebby.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
Job Level: IC3-IC4
Learn more about our career development framework here.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.