About Bob W
Bob W is a venture capital-backed, tech-enabled hospitality company that merges hotel-like consistency, services and amenities with the authenticity and liveability of a home. Based on the vision of building the world’s fastest growing, most sustainable and most loved hospitality brand (Don’t believe us? Peek at our latest reviews), Bob W offers beautifully designed living spaces that reflect the vibe of the handpicked neighbourhoods they are located in. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, Bob W ensures a highly unique yet consistent experience, no matter if you’re staying for a few nights or a few months.
Bob W got started in Finland in 2018, expanded to Estonia in mid-2019 and plans to grow to 1,000 living spaces across Northern Europe and the Baltics within the next 18 months. The execution of our super ambitious growth plan is fuelled by major investments from top-tier VCs and real estate private equity firms.
Our small tech team is growing fast, which means you potentially have a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a funded tech startup while there is not much tech yet. The team is developing the platform to run a world class accommodation operation with the scale and reliability only tech can unleash.
In this critical role you will also:
- Collaborate with Bob W team to figure out what to develop and how to develop
- Develop, test and deliver the product
- Help to establish the processes that will make you and the whole team productive
- Help to recruit and mentor new-joiners
What we look for:
- Person who is ready to join a tech startup team as one of the first engineers
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with backend development
- Experience with Node.js
- Broad outlook on IT and the world around
- Proven track record of taking ownership and leading initiatives
- Inner drive to make customers happy by providing them the best experience
The ideal candidate:
- Has worked for startups before
- Has leadership experience
- Likes to travel
- Has entrepreneurial mindset
- Knows a thing or two about microservices
- Has experience with frontend development
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock option plan
- Growth opportunities
- Unlimited holidays
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions
- Smart and highly motivated colleagues
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.