About Bob W
Bob W is a venture capital-backed, tech-enabled hospitality company that merges hotel-like consistency, services and amenities with the authenticity and liveability of a home. Based on the vision of building the world’s fastest growing, most sustainable and most loved hospitality brand (Don’t believe us? Peek at our latest reviews), Bob W offers beautifully designed living spaces that reflect the vibe of the handpicked neighbourhoods they are located in. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, Bob W ensures a highly unique yet consistent experience, no matter if you’re staying for a few nights or a few months.
Bob W got started in Finland in 2018, expanded to Estonia in mid-2019 and plans to grow to 1,000 living spaces across Northern Europe and the Baltics within the next 18 months. The execution of our super ambitious growth plan is fuelled by investments from top-tier VCs and real estate private equity firms.
Our newly established Product & Engineering team is responsible for developing the operating system that reinvents the hospitality industry. We're building a platform at the intersection of software and physical hospitality operations. Powered by technology, we are rethinking every process from operations to a jaw-dropping guest experience.
We are looking for an experienced Product designer to join our product & engineering team. In this role, you will design the best digital customer experience in the hospitality industry - from the moment a potential customer lands on our website until the guest leaves the apartment. This is an exciting and rare opportunity - you will have a significant impact as the first product designer to join Bob W.
What you'll be doing:
- Define how Bob W's brand will live in a digital space.
- Design useful, easy to use, and delightful products for our guests and internal users.
- You will be working in all stages of the design process, from sketching concepts to polishing user interfaces.
- Talk to customers to understand their needs and validate your ideas.
- Work across teams to support the organization with a unified visual language.
What we look for
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing and shipping products for different platforms, both web, and mobile.
- You have experience in different phases of the design process including wireframing, prototyping, interaction design, visual design and usability testing.
- You know how to test and validate your ideas.
- You want to understand the problem before jumping into solutions.
- You know the value of exploring ideas through rigorous design iterations.
- You have great communication skills to create alignment and explain your decisions behind the ideas.
- You take ownership - the ability to take an idea from concept to delivery.
- You have experience in working collaboratively with engineers, product managers, and researchers.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
- You are fluent in English.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Growth opportunities.
- Unlimited holidays.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young. and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Smart and highly motivated colleagues.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.